IDE on Raspberry Pi in Chrome

bkumanchik

• View Profile
I decided to try the IDE on Raspberry Pi in Chrome, it works but the emulated Thumby's scale is just slightly larger than 1:1 this on a 24" 1920x1080 monitor.

Just thought you might like to know.

Brian

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile
Hi,

We are aware. The version you have access to was just to get the emulator ready for testing by the community.

A newer version is being worked on where the emulator is in its own panel. However, because of the high pixel density of the Thumby screen, it is not possible for a typical desktop monitor or TV to render the Thumby screen pixel-perfect at scale. The best anyone can probably hope for is a scale just under 2x larger than the Thumby when emulating.

See the attached screenshot to see what the new version will look like.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 11:50:21 AM by Jason »

bkumanchik

• View Profile
Got it, thanks! I was just trying to say that is was really small on the Pi and that it didn't look like it does on my Windows PC in Chrome - where it is much larger.

Thanks

CoolieCoolster

• View Profile
Perhaps not the best practice for syncing the emulator on whichever page users will be using (as in the webpage using fixed-pixel settings versus adjusting on the basis of screen width), but perhaps for the IDE the emulator could be set to be at a fixed-pixel multiplier, depending on the developer's preference in regards to their own screen resolution? So, for instance, there could be options for 5x for 200x360, 10x for 400x720, etc. That way the pixel height and widths would maintain their same ratios to each other across the entire screen, and then if one needs to see how the graphics look at scale, they can either test it on their own device after they are shipped, or, assuming that hopefully the communities grows to the point of having volunteer testers, have others give them feedback on how it functions on an actual device.

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile
Got it, thanks! I was just trying to say that is was really small on the Pi and that it didn't look like it does on my Windows PC in Chrome - where it is much larger.

Thanks

Would you be able to send a screenshot? I need to see how the rest of the page looks scale wise.

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile
Perhaps not the best practice for syncing the emulator on whichever page users will be using (as in the webpage using fixed-pixel settings versus adjusting on the basis of screen width), but perhaps for the IDE the emulator could be set to be at a fixed-pixel multiplier, depending on the developer's preference in regards to their own screen resolution? So, for instance, there could be options for 5x for 200x360, 10x for 400x720, etc. That way the pixel height and widths would maintain their same ratios to each other across the entire screen, and then if one needs to see how the graphics look at scale, they can either test it on their own device after they are shipped, or, assuming that hopefully the communities grows to the point of having volunteer testers, have others give them feedback on how it functions on an actual device.

The new version sort of does that. Each time you press the zoom in button it scales the emulator by 2x, so if the button is pressed three times you get a zoom of 2 x 2 x 2 = 8x

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk