TSVConverter Lockups/Freeze (supported video types)

TheWatcher

• View Profile
Hello. I love the TinyTV hardware, but I'm having trouble converting videos.

Basically, almost every video I try to open in TSVConverter causes the program to freeze immediately (Not Responding) when I open the file.

So far, I've only been able to successfully convert 1 video file using TSVConverter. That video was an MP4 (Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)).

What video formats are supported?

Is there an error log somewhere that I can see what problem the program is having?

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile
Hello. I love the TinyTV hardware, but I'm having trouble converting videos.

Basically, almost every video I try to open in TSVConverter causes the program to freeze immediately (Not Responding) when I open the file.

So far, I've only been able to successfully convert 1 video file using TSVConverter. That video was an MP4 (Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)).

What video formats are supported?

Is there an error log somewhere that I can see what problem the program is having?

Would you be able to send an example video that I can try? I can diagnose the issue better that way. Most video types should be supported.

You should be able to add a file to a comment here or you can email us at info@tinycircuits.com.

TheWatcher

• View Profile
I got great support - thank you. They found a workaround.

Videos with chapter markers in them seemed to be causing the freeze issue. If you have chapter markers in your video, try re-encoding without the chapter markers, and then that file should open in TSV Converter.

Jason13L

• View Profile
I was having the same issue on Windows 11 with a .mov that I was trying to convert. It was just a recording I made from my iphone so no chapters. What workaround did you use?

Dalapo

• View Profile
Unfortunately the converter isn't working at all for me. I'm a tech savvy person. It's Mp4 files and everything, some ripped from youtube (so maybe they have extra data or something) and others just normal Mp4s. IN all cases the converter just crashes as soon as it open the file :'( :'(

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile
Unfortunately the converter isn't working at all for me. I'm a tech savvy person. It's Mp4 files and everything, some ripped from youtube (so maybe they have extra data or something) and others just normal Mp4s. IN all cases the converter just crashes as soon as it open the file :'( :'(

What operating system are you using? (Windows 7/8/10/11, Linux, or macOS 12/13)

Anapan

• View Profile
After a few hiccups(crashes) on other formats, I just used handbrake to convert all my desired videos into MP4 files before converting.  I made the dimensions scaled or cropped to multiples of 16 and changed the framerates to standard 24 or 30 fps depending on the source. 

Dalapo

• View Profile

Windows 10. But I think I found the problem. It was the mp4 files in question. I'm ripping them from youtube and I think youtube puts some data in the files to that is incompatible with the TSV converter. I've managed to get some non youtube MP4s to convert just fine. I'll be able to figure it out soon im sure.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 06:22:31 PM by Dalapo »

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile

Windows 10. But I think I found the problem. It was the mp4 files in question. I'm ripping them from youtube and I think youtube puts some data in the files to that is incompatible with the TSV converter. I've managed to get some non youtube MP4s to convert just fine. I'll be able to figure it out soon im sure.

Thanks for letting me know, that's useful information for future debugging.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk