My Game Mockups

CoolieCoolster

• View Profile
While I lack any knowledge of Python, I still wanted to contribute in some way to bringing interesting games to the Thumby, so I made mockups of potential Calculator, Flappy Bird, Tetris, Pac-Man, and Solitaire implementations. Attached is a Thumby "program" I made after analyzing several existing programs that loads the title screen of NanoCalc, my calculator app mockup, with the A button set to load the calculator screen itself. While I intend to continue analyzing Thumby programs to try to better understand how they work, I thought that perhaps, if anyone who knows Python had a Thumby game idea similar to any of mine, it might be beneficial to work together. While I'll continue adding onto my existing mockups and seeing what other games might be feasible to demake to the Thumby, if anyone were willing to help with the technical aspect of implementing any of the ideas I listed above, I'd be glad to finish the creating graphics for the specific game. For the four non-calculator ideas, I've included bitmap data of the mockup images I made for them in the calculator program.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 02:14:13 AM by CoolieCoolster »

rli

• View Profile
I like the mockups designs, especially the pacman!

Holding the console sideways for tetris makes me a little ergonomically worried lol. I think if you wanted to try your hand at implementing this one, you could start by modifying the TinyBlocks game to work in your proposed screen orientation, then add support for smaller fonts for the score and add support for different tetromino sprites.

For the solitaire game, how do you intend to show the values of the cards? The screen real estate looks pretty tight.

For the calculator, I imagine the UI would involve a small white dot that acts as a cursor? Appearing in the corner of a button when you move the cursor to it? And then maybe you could invert the button when you press on it?
What would the "RN" and "|" buttons do, btw?

CoolieCoolster

• View Profile
Seems I mistook binary for hexadecimal, but the general idea for indicating card values for solitaire would be 0001 for Ace up to 1110 for King, with 0000 and 1111 reserved for where the cards are stacked and the face down card design. Not nearly as simple as I'd like it to be of course, but it's the only way to implement solitaire with the values of all cards visible simultaneously.

For the calculator, my thought was to just have it start with the top-left button highlighted and change which button is highlighted when the directional buttons are used. When a button is pressed, it would momentarily disable the highlighting. RN would be used to make the calculator output a random number (0.000 to 1.000 is how I believe most calculators would implement that?), while the | key wouldn't be for calculation, but rather to enable and disable the flickering of the "input next number" cursor, though it could alternatively be used to invert the colors of the screen I guess.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:03:36 AM by CoolieCoolster »

Preple

• View Profile
For me, leveling is the act of improving the position of a low-ranked player in a game with the help of a professional player. Follow the link https://askboosters.gg/mobile-legends/ if you want to use such services from real professionals.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk