Recent Posts

Looking to keep this on my desk at work and continually play all my favorite show. Can I add any size micro SD and always keep it plugged in

Thanks

TinyTV 2 was not designed to have the card replaced and therefore we do not support it. However, I have heard of brave users taking it about and putting larger cards in.
Looking to keep this on my desk at work and continually play all my favorite show. Can I add any size micro SD and always keep it plugged in

Thanks
TinyTV & Tiny Video Player / Re: Replace Battery with external Power
« Last post by PittsburghTrainPaPa on March 15, 2024, 11:45:18 AM »
TinyTV  DIY
TinyTV & Tiny Video Player / Re: Replace Battery with external Power
« Last post by Jason on March 15, 2024, 09:30:42 AM »
I would like to eliminate the rechargeable internal battery on the Tiny TV and wire it to an external 3 to 5v external DC power source. The external wire connection would have an ON/OFF relay .   Does this sound possible?   Reason the TV is to be installed in a model that I will NOT have access to once the TV is installed.

Which TV are you using? TinyTV DIY, TinyTV 2, or TinyTV Mini?
TinyTV & Tiny Video Player / Replace Battery with external Power
« Last post by PittsburghTrainPaPa on March 14, 2024, 04:19:09 PM »
I would like to eliminate the rechargeable internal battery on the Tiny TV and wire it to an external 3 to 5v external DC power source. The external wire connection would have an ON/OFF relay .   Does this sound possible?   Reason the TV is to be installed in a model that I will NOT have access to once the TV is installed.
I've been experimenting with my TinyTV and exploring different ways to customize the display to make it truly unique. I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we can share our creative ideas and projects for customizing our TinyTV displays.

Whether you've added custom decals, created themed backgrounds, or even hacked together additional features like backlighting or interactive elements, I'd love to hear about it!

To kick things off, here are a few ideas I've been playing around with: burrito craft

- Retro-themed background designs to match the nostalgic feel of the TinyTV.
- Incorporating miniature LED lights around the screen for added ambiance during movie nights.
- Building a custom frame or enclosure to give the TinyTV a more polished look and protect it from bumps and scratches.
- Experimenting with different screen filters or overlays to achieve unique visual effects.

Now it's your turn! Share your favorite TinyTV customization projects, tips, and tricks in the comments below. Let's inspire each other to take our TinyTV displays to the next level!

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.
TinyTV & Tiny Video Player / Batch convert & file order
« Last post by Certainty7239 on March 09, 2024, 03:16:49 PM »
Hey,

I have  two questions about the Tiny Video Play Kit.

1 - How can I batch convert to .tsv on Linux? The converter app is working but we have a lot of files. I read on an old post there’s a Python file that requires ffmpeg which is fine but it wasn’t on GitHub.

2 - How does play/file order work in TV mode? Like does it basically look at files by order of recently added, put the first 1/9th of them as the first channel, next 1/9th of the files on the second channel and so on?

Thanks!
Thumby / Re: Exiting a game
« Last post by Jason on March 07, 2024, 02:58:50 PM »
Hello. I was wondering if there is a soft reset with the thumby? I am using the on)off switch when I've finished playing a game.

It depends on the game. If the game has an end menu then they may allow you to exit back to the main launcher.
Thumby / Exiting a game
« Last post by Raze on March 07, 2024, 02:26:50 PM »
Hello. I was wondering if there is a soft reset with the thumby? I am using the on)off switch when I've finished playing a game.
TinyTV & Tiny Video Player / Re: Max Audio Codec Settings?
« Last post by ryanswiftjoyner on February 29, 2024, 10:58:03 AM »
Got it, thanks Jason! I'm not much of a programmer, so I'll work around the current capabilities.

Cheers,

Ryan
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk