On/Off Switch

Grimstone

• Still downloading...
    • View Profile
I feel like I am a complete newbie here in asking, but what is the best way to add an on/off switch to the TinyDuino Processing Board? To maintain battery life, I would like to be able to turn it off when not in use. I have a nice enclosure for it, so I do not wish to have to have to pull open the enclosure and remove the battery each time.

Grimstone

• Still downloading...
    • View Profile
Any help here? This is still a quandary of mine. With the tight form factor, I am hesitant to mess with the motherboard.

patniemeyer

• View Profile
I'm not sure why they didn't just include an on-off switch/button instead of a reset button... An on-off would also accomplish the reset and be more useful for the kind of people using these boards (for education, etc.).  Alternately if it were just a plain button we could write code to sit in low power and turn on / off the main program... presumably meaning the battery could last for extended periods of time.

It seems like a hard wired reset button is the least useful kind of button they could have put on there.

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
Right now, there really isn't a good way to add a switch if you're using the coin cell, you pretty much have to remove the coin cell battery to disconnect this.

We are working on a new rev of the processor board and will have internal prototypes in the August timeframe, that removes the reset switch and uses a slide power switch instead.  Keep you eyes out and we'll make an announcement when this becomes available.

Thanks,

Ken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk