Some videos start from beginning, some from random. How to make all random?

Codyjabroni

• View Profile
Set up a tinytv DIY. Cut together some videos that are 6+ hours long (childhood cartoons, music videos, stuff like that). Some work fine and the random starting point works, but others don't (the videos will play but always start from the beginning). Not sure what controls this behavior. I noticed the only commonality on the videos that don't start at a random time are that they are over 10 hours long, but I don't think that's it because one video it functions correctly on is 8 hours. Any idea what to do? This is a Christmas gift so slight urgency haha.

Codyjabroni

• View Profile
I should mention I just updated the tinytv and have the up to date converter for Avi videos.

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, sorry about the issue! Honestly, that sounds like a firmware bug- there would be some finite limit that could be between 8 and 10 hours. If you can, please try making the videos a little shorter or split in half etc, and let me know if that works for you- hope that can fix it before Christmas!

Thanks,
Ben

Codyjabroni

• View Profile
Hi Ben,
Thanks for replying. I'll try that and see what happens. If anyone else has a solution or work around, I'm all ears!
Thanks,
Cody

Meiko

• View Profile
I forgot to write that my videos are very short, under a minute, it's annoying when they start at some point, some in the middle others at the end ... I've tried different things, when to switch on or the menu settings, nothing worked.

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What I think you're seeing is the 'live' video playback where each channel is always 'playing' on loop- try updating to the latest firmware if you haven't already, and turn off the Live Video and Random Start Time settings on the settings page. Videos should start at the beginning every time then, let me know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk