TinyTV ~ continual power

Bod · 2 · 3048

Bod

• View Profile
Hi,
Apologies if this has been asked before...
I'm wanting to power the TinyTV direct from USB, as the TV will be in a hard to reach area.
Is it possible to do this AND play content?

Don't know if there is a difference between the DIY or the prebuilt versions, but happy to use either.
(Was thinking on the DIY version to cut the battery off and connect the wires to relevant charger - but will it play content at same time? )

Thanks for any help and advice

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile
Hi,
Apologies if this has been asked before...
I'm wanting to power the TinyTV direct from USB, as the TV will be in a hard to reach area.
Is it possible to do this AND play content?

Don't know if there is a difference between the DIY or the prebuilt versions, but happy to use either.
(Was thinking on the DIY version to cut the battery off and connect the wires to relevant charger - but will it play content at same time? )

Thanks for any help and advice

That should be possible. Just plug it in and power it on. If it says it is in USB mode then quickly press the power button to skip past that screen.

I'm pretty sure that if any of our TVs are plugged then they don't auto turn off. Also, you could take the battery out of any of the TVs you use, they should still stay powered on when plugged in.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 02:45:34 PM by Jason »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk