"There's a problem with this drive"

RavenWorks

• View Profile
Windows seems very prone to telling me that there's a problem with my TinyTV's drive, when it's in USB Storage Mode.   It offers to fix it, and if I let it, it tells me there was no problem after all, so I guess it's harmless?    But it is annoying, and gives me one more thing to click through whenever I try to change the files on it;  does anyone else get this, and is there anything I could be doing differently to prevent it?

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't have an answer for exactly how/why, but there must be some minor filesystem error that Windows doesn't like, but isn't enough to cause file read/write errors by Windows or the firmware.  We see it here during development when connecting/disconnecting very frequently but don't hear about it from users very often. We're not able to reproduce it here in a way that allows us to determine/fix whatever the issue might be. Reformatting through Windows or the firmware utility(accessed through the Settings page on tinytv.us) is an option if you happen to be deleting most of the videos anyway.

RavenWorks

• View Profile
I don't even have to reformat, I can just tell windows to "fix" it, which makes it stop but leaves the data intact.    It just, comes back again sooner or later.   Note the end of the world, but I thought I'd see if there was a permanent solution just in case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk