Tiny TV Converter app won't open

Vidiot · 3 · 3170

Vidiot

• View Profile
I haven't been able to open the Tiny TV Converter app to load content onto my new Tiny TV 2.

I first tried on my work Mac and got the error that you warned of - opened it again via Finder, clicked "Open" in the warning box, and then nothing happened. Further tries in opening the app don't do anything (either it's opening and immediately closing, or it's never opening.)

I was wondering if it was because I was using a work computer without the admin password, so I tried again on my MacBook Pro at home. The exact same experience.

My only other computer is a Chromebook so I can't use that.

Any advice? Thanks.

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi- can you let me know what version of MacOS you tested on? We haven't had any recent reports of issues on 12.0.0+, but hopefully we can figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
Ben

Vidiot

• View Profile
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Both the iMac and MacBook Pro are running Catalina - 10.15.7.  (The job has kept them at an older version because we use video editing apps that need to be rock-solid.)  So I guess that's the problem, as I'm seeing that the software supports 12/Monterey and newer.

I may try the PC version on a virtual PC. Just confirming - there's no way I can convert with custom Handbrake settings or Adobe Media Encoder?

Thanks for checking.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk