TinyTV Kit .tsv file has distorted audio and "tracking error" video

okayfurniture

• View Profile
Hi, I recently got the TinyTV Kit for my birthday and I'm having problems customizing it with my own videos. I use Linux, so I'm running the converter app for Windows through Wine. I also realized that my firmware is old so it only plays .tsv files instead of .avi.
Playing back the .avi files on my PC, everything looks fine, but I can't play the .tsv files on my computer so I can't see if the files themselves are broken or not.
When I'm playing the videos on the TinyTV, the audio is incredibly loud and distorted, and the video frames are going all over the place, and looks a bit like a VHS tracking error. I'd appreciate it if I could get help with this.

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile
Hi, I recently got the TinyTV Kit for my birthday and I'm having problems customizing it with my own videos. I use Linux, so I'm running the converter app for Windows through Wine. I also realized that my firmware is old so it only plays .tsv files instead of .avi.
Playing back the .avi files on my PC, everything looks fine, but I can't play the .tsv files on my computer so I can't see if the files themselves are broken or not.
When I'm playing the videos on the TinyTV, the audio is incredibly loud and distorted, and the video frames are going all over the place, and looks a bit like a VHS tracking error. I'd appreciate it if I could get help with this.

Can you send an email to info@tinycircuits.com with the videos before they're converted? We'll try converting them and see what we can find.

Please link this forum post in your email.

Thanks.

okayfurniture

• View Profile

Can you send an email to info@tinycircuits.com with the videos before they're converted? We'll try converting them and see what we can find.

Please link this forum post in your email.

Thanks.

Just sent the E-Mail, thanks for your help.

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile
I tried converting that file myself and video and audio play fine.

I'm assuming that using Wine has something to do with it, though I don't have any initial assumptions as to why.

Here are some things you could try
  • Use a Windows machine to run the TSV converter
  • Perhaps using a Windows Virtual machine would also work
  • Maybe try adjusting the Windows version in Wine? I assume you're using 10 (if that's possible, it has been a while since I last used it)

Sorry I'm not able to offer a better solution for your situation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk