TinyTVConverter.app crashes on launch

jackmcdade

• View Profile
Hey there, after installing the app on my Mac (MacOS 12.6.3) and bypassing the unsigned warning, the app just opens and immediately quits. Any ideas on what I can do here?

DocTV

• View Profile
Same issue. Just got my TinyTV 2 today and the converter app will not open on Mac 12.5.5 /M2 chip.

Jason

• Administrator
  • TinyCircuits Employee
    • View Profile
We're looking into it. it's very likely that using macOS 13 (Ventura) will solve this but we want to get it to work on older versions as well.

maraculous

• View Profile
oh, awesome! i just received my TinyTV and found the same issue. i posted on the kickstarter page before poking around and finding this forum. looking forward to being able to convert some videos! I'm using an Early 2015 MBP running MacOS Monterey 12.6.6.

mynameisfuzzy

• View Profile
Same issue with Ventura 13.3.1... the app doesn't open at all. I double-click and nothing happens.
Any idea?
Many thanks for your help!
B.

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi all- we have a version of the app up at https://files.tinycircuits.com/TinyTVConverter1.0.1b.zip that was tested here on macOS 12.6.7 and 13.4, please let us know if it's working for you on 12.

@mynameisfuzzy Did you try to right-click/control-click on the app, then click open?

Thanks,
Ben

mynameisfuzzy

• View Profile
Thank you for that update! now it works for me on 13.3.1

And yes, with the previous version I had tried to right-click and click open but it didn't work either.

Now it's all good, thank you!

B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk