Files/Channels

Mosh · 4 · 3045

Mosh

• View Profile
Help! I got the files I wanted all converted to .tsv files. I put them on my mini sd card. Only two are playing! I have about 7. All movies about 1.5 hours so not at the max I think. So shouldn't each show when I change each "channel"? It goes from channel 4 to channel 7. So they are there I think. Am I doing someting wrong? Need to figure this out. It's a Christmas present.

Thanks all for the help

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi there,

The skipping of numbered channels is a stylistic choice of behavior that mimics cable television signals where you wouldn’t get every channel, but maybe every other. In the program, the cable number is randomly assigned between 0-9 as you switch through the channels/videos.

With this in mind, the actual channels/videos should play in the order they were added to the SD Card regardless of the channel numbering.

If all of the 7 converted movies appear on the TV, then you should be able to ignore the channels. They are randomly assigned and don't have any real meaning. It sounds like you might have another issue with those not playing, copied from the FAQ: https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Kits/TinyTV-FAQ/

- If the title of the video is too long, the videos will not display. Try keeping the titles of the videos shorter than 50 characters. "For example - this sentence is 50 characters long!"
- It's not common, but it is possible that the .mp4 video or .tsv converted video file is corrupted. Please make sure the video is playable on your computer before converting it, and then be sure to safely eject the SD Card from your computer to avoid any file corruption issues.

The videos also won't play if the titles include some special characters outside of A-Z, 0-9. Accented or symbol characters like 'é' or '±' aren't readable by the TinyTV program, so these videos will not play when loaded on the SD Card.

I hope that helps!

Best,
Réna

Mosh

• View Profile
Thank you so much! I just renamed my files with your tips and everything works great. The stylistic nods are an awesome nostalgic add. I love this product, and it'll be a great gift now. Might buy more for others later.

Thank you!

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad to hear those tips helped!

Would love to see your paint job or hear about how the gift-receiver reacts to it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk