Error With Audio tinyshield library

Ben R · 4 · 4490

Ben R

• View Profile
I tried running the audio tinyshield library and it requires a file that isn't there, this is most likely a noob mistake but I can't get it to work
Error:
Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows Store 1.8.10.0) (Windows 10), Board: "TinyScreen+, Default"

In file included from C:\#####\###\#########\Arduino\libraries\WaveHC\WaveHC.cpp:15:0:

C:\#####\###\#######\Arduino\libraries\WaveHC/mcpDac.h:26:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

#include <avr/io.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board TinyScreen+.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:42:17 AM by Ben R »

bearleader

• View Profile
I am seeing this error as well with the 1.8.4 Arduino IDE on my mac.  Does anyone else have this problem or have a possible solution?  Below is the error that is showing up in my IDE.
Arduino: 1.8.4 (Mac OS X), Board: "TinyScreen+, Default"

In file included from XXXXX/Documents/Arduino/libraries/WaveHC/WaveHC.cpp:15:0:
XXXXX/Documents/Arduino/libraries/WaveHC/mcpDac.h:26:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory
 #include <avr/io.h>

^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board TinyScreen+.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Ben R

• View Profile
I just got a message back from the Tinycircuits team, they put the right library in and now it works

bearleader

• View Profile
Thank you for posting the new library!!!!  It works great.  I am curious as to why TinyCircuits hasn't updated the documentation and provided a repo to pull this library from?

For anyone who tries the library example program: Be sure to add the SdFat library.  It can be downloaded in the 1.8.5 IDE using the Library Manager.  It is needed for the example code to function.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk