Stackable Modular case

MachAngle

• View Profile
make rectangular case that fits between or individual tinydurino shields for a more finished look and keep dirt out.  Could be designed to replace screws by snapping together.  Might consider a bottom and top caps.  caps could be the mechanical interface for other devices like camera hotshoe or GPS antenna domes

mike_ekim1024

• View Profile
make rectangular case that fits between or individual tinydurino shields for a more finished look and keep dirt out.  Could be designed to replace screws by snapping together.  Might consider a bottom and top caps.  caps could be the mechanical interface for other devices like camera hotshoe or GPS antenna domes

A little late, but this sounds like an interesting project. I have access to laser-cutters, and I don't see any modular cases for tinyduino. The easiest would be to cut U-shape stackable sheets, so that one side is open for USB, switches, etc. Only problem is the exact height of each module. I'm not sure I can find acrylic to match exactly so they stack perfectly.

MachAngle

• View Profile
I was thinking that 3D printing an individual case for each board with custom cutouts or clear windows where appropriate.  These would be stacked with pins replacing the screws/spacers now used.  The TinyScreen or TinyScreen++ would be one of the ends of a stack.  Battery could be in a housing at the other end?  The TinyGPS antenna could be a little 3D printed rotodome stacked on one side of the stack to orient it properly.....IMU, compass too!...a side stack!  Got to use the ribbon connector to connect it all together. All modular and customizable....compatible with LEGOS!?

MachAngle

• View Profile
...add a TinyCamera shield to the endcap opposite the Tiny Screen++

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk