TinyScreen Glasses

jpencausse

• View Profile
Hi,

A little weird question but does anybody know where to buy a prism for TinyScreen (like Google Glasses).

The idea would be to see throught prism and see screen too.

Thanks

Grimstone

• Still downloading...
    • View Profile
You can get a variety of optical prisms from Edmund. However to my knowledge, Google Glass does not use a traditional prism. It uses a series of proprietary vacuum deposited coatings between laminates to create its HUD.

The link for Edmund prisms though is: http://www.edmundoptics.com/technical-resources-center/optics/introduction-to-optical-prisms

Let me know how the experimenting goes.

jpencausse

• View Profile
Thanks I asked them,

It seems it would require a very specific prism display 50% of the image to see throught

But in fact it's not possible with TinyScreen because the eye can't focus. If you try to do something like the kickstarter photo you'll see the screen is too close. So the prism should to some zoom out, well it's too complicated ...

Grimstone

• Still downloading...
    • View Profile
That is amusing because one of the first things I did upon receiving my Tiny Screen is hold it close to my eye to see how a pair of glasses would look. The answer was completely out of focus and I simply worried I was becoming farsighted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk