TinyTV 2 Converter App freezes when trying to open video

faloun · 5 · 5223

faloun

• View Profile
Hi, I've downloaded the TinyTV converter app v 1.0, but it freezes when I try to load a video.  I've tried this on two computers, windows 10 and windows 11, with video file sizes ranging from 100mb to 2gb, file formats from .mkv to .avi to .mpg.  I've tried running the program as administrator as well.  Same result each time - the program goes "not responding" and never recovers, even if left overnight, and I eventually open task manager and kill it.

Is this a known issue and is there some kind of fix for it?  I really want to play around with my new TinyTV 2 and it's a bummer I can't convert any of my own videos to put on there.

Giganticube

• View Profile
I hit it on some videos that seemed to have the same settings - my fix was to run then through handbrake as webm - then the converter was fine picking them up and not crashing.

Ive not tried just going straight through ffmpeg yet - 

Code: [Select]
ffmpeg -i "input.mp4" -r 24 -vf "scale=210:135,hqdn3d" -b:v 1500k -maxrate 1500k -bufsize 64k -c:v mjpeg -acodec pcm_u8 -ar 10000 -ac 1 output.avi”

Alternate scale options:

scale=210:135:force_original_aspect_ratio=increase,crop=210:135:exact=1,hqdn3d
scale=210:135:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,format=yuv444p,pad=210:135:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2,format=yuv420p,hqdn3d

faloun

• View Profile
Running it through handbrake as a webm worked for me too!  Thanks for the suggestion.    :D

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile

faloun

• View Profile
Hi- we have something that fixes some of these issues at https://files.tinycircuits.com/TinyTVConverterWindows1.0.2.zip , let me know if you are able to test it please!

I've downloaded v1.02, and it appears to have fixed the issue. I was able to open and convert multiple files that froze the previous version.  Looks like it's working normally!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk