What makes some videos restart when changing channels and others not?

prestontrouble

• View Profile
As asked in the subject, what causes some files to restart from the beginning when changing channels vs others "continuing" to play when the channel is changed to a different channel (I think this is TV Mode...)? I've converted a handful of files of various types using the TinyTV converter and only one of my files does the "continuous" playback, identical to how the videos included with the device performed. I really like the continuous playback feature and would like all my videos to do this, but I'm not sure what I need to do to make that happen.

Really liking this gadget, fun little idea with lots of functionality built in!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 01:48:08 AM by prestontrouble »

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for your support! The current behavior is supposed to be that all videos work that way. Starting from the beginning could be a fallback when there's something unexpected(to the firmware) in the video file. If some of these files are shorter/smaller and something you can share, could you try uploading some to some file sharing service? We can see if we get the same results here.

Thanks,
Ben

prestontrouble

• View Profile
I'll see if I can find any samples left. A workaround I found was converting all files in Handbrake to mp4 (no longer supports AVI output, unfortunately) then using the converter to convert again to the proper AVI format. A minor kludge but nothing terrible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk