TinyTV reading glitched files

MxL33e · 7 · 8647

MxL33e

• View Profile
I have a tinytv+ that is reading files weirdly. For example, I have a file named UniqueName.tsv that will play fine but the tinytv will glitch reading ._UniqueName.tsv. To my knowledge, there is no ._UniqueName on the SD card. It seems to be reading an invisible corrupted file. Is there a solution to get it to skip or not play/read the "._ " files?

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Are you using a MacOS device?

We encountered an issue with invisible files a bit ago and I added some information to the FAQ, let me know if this helps: https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Kits/TinyTV-FAQ/#some-channels-are-empty-or-glitching

If not, let me know what computer/OS you're using and any other details so I can try to reproduce the issue!

Cheers,
Réna

MxL33e

• View Profile
Alright I solved It. It helped a little, but here was the solution I found.
1. open command terminal on MacOS
2. type in cd /Volumes/TINYSCREEN    or name of your SD card
3. type ls -al     this should reveal all files visible and hidden
4. check for the ._ files
5. type rm "._FILENAME.tsv"        be very careful with the rm command as you cannot retrieve removed files after they are gone
6. repeat step 5 until all files are gone
7. Problem solved

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad you were able to figure things out! Thanks so much for updating the complete solution!!

Cheers,
Réna

kuntrykilla07

• View Profile
I am having an issue with glitched videos with static on my tinytv diy kit. I searched for hidden files on windows 10 OS and none seem to be there. Goes with any video I convert and place in the sd card that was included.

benformati

• View Profile
On my tinytv DIY kit, I am seeing problems with videos that are glitched and have static in them.
space bar clicker
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 10:07:44 PM by benformati »

haggisseize

• View Profile
I have a tinytv+ that is reading files weirdly. For example, I have a file named UniqueName.tsv that will play fine but the tinytv will glitch reading ._UniqueName.tsv. To my knowledge, there is no ._UniqueName on the SD card. It seems to be reading an invisible corrupted file. Is there a solution to get it to skip or not play/read the "._ " files?
Your error is usually rare. I think maybe the new loose SD card leads to such a situation. With your problem I went to check the device.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 03:47:06 AM by haggisseize »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk