Thumby unresponsive

Binabiqe

• View Profile
i bought two Thumbies, one is working just as intended but the other one just doesnt want to turn on
when i charge it, the orange LED at the back turns on for 10 seconds or so and turns back off again
the screen itself is pitch black
when i first opened it it worked normally
i havent coded anything to it or even connected it to my pc

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello,

There was a minor screen change recently that called for a software update, so some screens may appear as "off" or non-working when they're in the lowest brightness setting. I recommend updating the software through the Code Editor to see if that solves the problem. Once you connect to the Code Editor, the prompts will guide you through how to update the device.

Code Editor: https://code.thumby.us/
Connection Instructions: https://thumby.us/Code-Editor/Get-Started/#connecting-thumby-to-the-code-editor

Let me know if that helps or if you are still experiencing issues.

Cheers,
Réna

Binabiqe

• View Profile
i tried connecting the Thumby to the pc, but nothing seems to want to work.
i have tried multiple usb cables and usb Ports
i have also tried raising the brightness by using the other working thumby as a guide to get the correct input
but that hasnt worked either
is there anything i can do?

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello,

Are you able to connect the working Thumby to the Code IDE? Getting things operational with the working Thumby will help in duplicating it on the one appearing to have issues. This should help you determine how to connect and which cable to use. Also, please make sure you are using a chromium browser with the Code Editor.

Does the charging LED turn on when you plug both Thumbys in? There's a yellow LED by the charging port that will turn on when the battery is charging.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers,
Réna

Binabiqe

• View Profile
i have now downloaded chromium as ive always used Edge before
with both Thumbies I get the little windows notification ding when i turn the thumby on with the cable and i see the charging LED as soon as its connected to power
but only the working thumby is recognised by the Code Editor
exact same cable, exact same USB Port, same Browser (Chromium) just the Thumbies are different
the working one works, the other one just doesnt seem to want to connect

if it helps i have noticed that the broken one gets the connection sound in windows way sooner than the working one
the working one has the little animation and then i get the windows noise
the broken one only needs about half a second while the working one needs about two seconds to finish the Animation
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 06:52:54 PM by Binabiqe »

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Can you send us a message through the contact form here?: https://tinycircuits.com/pages/contact-us

If you include your shipping address and the color of your Thumby there, we'll be able to get you a replacement for the malfunctioning Thumby.

Binabiqe

• View Profile
Just send a message
Thank you v much for your help! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk