Protoboard with 3.3 volt boost/buck regulator pre installed

EKMallon

• View Profile
    • The Cave Pearl Project
Many sensors provide usable readings only if they receive a stable input voltage, but the tiny architecture does not provide a 3.3 volt line, and has regulators distributed to the various shields. Since you guys at Tiny-circuits have already done all the leg work to source these boost&buck regulators which handle  swings all the way from vbat to the 5v from the FTDI, why not produce a protoboard that already has these little guys on it to provide a stable 3.3v line? That would save us from having to cobble together stable voltage solutions from other parts, just to get our temp/pressure/etc sensors running consistently.

EKMallon

• View Profile
    • The Cave Pearl Project
And one obvious choice for this new board,  would be a "unsoldered" version of the protoblocks shield ASD2005-R, as there is lots of free real estate available for the regulator, and the 3v pin is just sitting there ready to use. (And I am sure many of us are already forced to use that protoboard because of the need for a pass through connector.)

EKMallon

• View Profile
    • The Cave Pearl Project
And now that I think about it, it would not hurt to throw the logic level shifter on there as well... That way most available I2C sensor could be connected compatibly with the Tiny Duino system, even if the sensors own voltage range was quite restricted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk