Unable to upload to Tinyscreen+

Jfactor

• View Profile
Trying to upload blink through Arduino IDE 1.8,13 on windows 10. I've followed the upload instructions and have confirmed all the following: Port 5 selected, Arduino Pro or Pro mini board selected, ATmega 328P 3.3v, 8MHz processor.

The IDE gets hung up on "uploading". The board is preloaded with 'flappy birdz' and it never freezes as the upload from the IDE starts. The error message is totally nondescript as well, so not much help there. Am I missing some key step?

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini, ATmega328P (3.3V, 8 MHz)"

Using Port                    : COM5

Using Programmer              : arduino

Overriding Baud Rate          : 57600

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi there,

My first recommendation is to make sure the port you are selecting is the TinyDuino. Unplug the device, check what ports are available in the IDE, then plug it back in to see what new port appears. Not all cables have the data wires necessary for programming, many only have the power wires for powering and charging devices - so it may help to try different cables as well.

Next up, go to File -> Preferences in the Arduino IDE and check both boxes for "Show verbose output during: [ ] compilation  [ ] upload", upload the program,  and then you can copy the entire error log and paste it into a .txt file and attach it to a reply.

Cheers,
Réna

Jfactor

• View Profile
Hi Rena,

The correct port is selected, and the USB cable definitely works since I use it to program an Arduino Nano Every. Attached is the error with verbose enabled.

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ahh, I  should've seen the issue before now, but I misunderstood which board you were using based on your initial error code that references the selections made for the TinyDuino.

It looks like you are using the TinyDuino selections to program the TinyScreen+ - which will not work since they use different processors. You need to be selecting "TinyScreen+" in the Tools menu for programming, but first you will need to download the boards package. Follow this tutorial for the TinyScreen+: https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Processors/TinyScreen%2B_Setup_Tutorial/

Cheers,
Réna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk