tinyscreen+ stuck in boot loader mode

hoguech

• View Profile
Hi all,

I had the fitness tracker app working with the tinyscreen+ board but the last time i pulled it out, the screen said it was in bootloader mode. I've tried to reset using the instructions provided (hold button in + turn on) but nothing seems to fix it. I am able to connect to the board & successfully upload the fitness tracker program, but the screen display never changes from the bootloader mode message.

Is there some other way to reset it or debug the board to find out what the issues is?

Thx.

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello,

When you reload the code, is the TinyScreen+ by itself or are all the components in the fitness tracker project attached? I would recommend trying to reprogram the board by itself. You can try the basic program mentioned in the getting started tutorial with this since I think the fitness program will fail to upload without all the right hardware: https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Processors/TinyScreen%2B_Setup_Tutorial/

Let me know if that works for you!

Cheers,
Réna

hoguech

• View Profile
Hi Réna,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately this did not work either. I went through the entire sequence (including the reset of the board). Used only the tinyscreen board and loaded the base example. According to the arduino IDE it compiled and uploaded successfully. When the upload completed the screen flickered briefly, then went straight back to the bootloader mode screen. Same as before.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

Thx,
Chris

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't have any other helpful ideas for debugging since it sounds like there's a hardware issue. Please get in touch with us and we should be able to get you a replacement. Reach us through our contact from: https://tinycircuits.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks,
Réna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk