Broken TinyScreen+

G-Mom · 1 · 2189

G-Mom

• View Profile
My TinyTv screen has stopped working. We had just assembled it in the plastic TV, but couldn't get display operational. So we disassembled it and plugged it in to micro-USB, and the screen woke up, at the Settings screen. We then left it plugged in (outside of the TV frame) to charge the battery. After a few hours, testing it showed the Countdown video working. We kept it plugged in, and when later tried to turn it on--nothing. No setting screen, no videos, nothing.

Have spent hours with the device plugged in to my computer while I tried to upload programs from the Arduino IDE. It recognizes the Com port, the Tiny Board, and I have audio confirmation from the Tiny TV speaker of power on and power off when I flick the switch, plus audio chime from my Windows laptop when I plug the microUSB cable in that it's connected to something live--when TinyTV switch is On, and that the connection ends, when I turn the TTV switch off.

I cannot force it in to bootloader mode. Tried it under battery power and under MicroUSB power, tried multiple On/Off cycles with the combo button press defined for this....and still no screen display. Maybe I am in bootloader mode on the device, but I have no way to confirm because the screen is blank.

As I said, uploading Sketches from the Arduino IDE appears to work, the process indicates Upload successful. But still no screen.

Anyone have a way to test the TinyScreen+ itself for integrity? I don't think any physical trauma happened to it while it was plugged in, it was in a sheltered spot while charging. Could a power surge from the charging cable have fried the screen?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk