Tiny Video Player Maximum MicroSD Card Size

Sci-Fi-Guy

• View Profile
Hello.  I just got a new MicroSD card to try with my Tiny Video Player.  The card is a Micro Center brand, 128 GB Class 10 SDXC Flash Memory card.  However, when I switch the Video Player on, I get this message: “Card not found!  Insert card to change settings or program IR codes  0xF79176E3”  Is there some size maximum or other incompatibility with the player, the code, or this card?

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello,

It's likely the card is not fully inserted or you need to reformat the SD Card. We cover this in our FAQ section on the main product page of the TinyTV: https://tinycircuits.com/products/tinytv-diy-kit

I will copy over the relevant FAQ content here:

I turn the TV on and get the message "Card not found!"

Make sure the SD Card is fully inserted. Then double-check that the SD & Audio TinyShield is fully joined to the TinyScreen+ board inside the TV - It may help to take the SD & Audio TinyShield completely out of the TV enclosure to try and reseat it.

My new SD Card is not working with the TV.

Try reformatting the SD Card to FAT32 using an SD Card Formatting Utility. Make sure any important files on the SD Card are moved before starting this process - all files will be deleted during formatting.

There is no SD Card size limit.

Thanks,
Réna

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 03:56:26 PM by lennevia »

Sci-Fi-Guy

• View Profile
Thank you for the detailed information. 

Some details to note for anyone else trying to reformat a larger MicroSD card (64GB, 128GB or larger).  The regular reformatting software utility built into Windows only allows you to choose exFAT or NTFS for these larger memory size MicroSD cards.  Neither work on the Tiny Video Player.  I had to download the stand alone program (EaseUS Partition Master Professional) and that allowed me to choose FAT32 with the 128GB card and 32KB cluster size.  It now works perfectly.

Whighletwor

• View Profile
Thank you for the detailed information. 

Some details to note for anyone else trying to reformat a larger MicroSD card (64GB, 128GB or larger).  The regular reformatting software utility built into Windows only allows you to choose exFAT or NTFS for these larger memory size MicroSD cards.  Neither work on the Tiny Video Player.  I had to download the stand alone program (EaseUS Partition Master Professional) and that allowed me to choose FAT32 with the 128GB card and 32KB cluster size.  It now works perfectly.
Oh, thanks for this one. I'm trying to reformat a larger MicroSD card

Anapan

• View Profile
For any SD card I always use the SD Card Association's formatter utility first as it removes any partitions or any other weird formatting (bootable flags, etc)
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Next, this free program has always worked well for me on any media windows can assign a drive letter to.
http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
It without fail makes any media into FAT32
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 06:40:29 AM by Anapan »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk