Issue with Wireling Kickstarter Basic Kit Tutorial

michaelblight

• View Profile
The video on the Wireling Kickstarter Basic Kit Tutorial page shows the button being pressed and the OLED going High -> Low -> High, and the lux continues to change after the button is pressed.

When I try the same thing, the OLED goes High -> Low and then stays there, and the lux then no longer changes. I have to turn it off and on to get it working again. Is this expected, or a newer version of the code, or do I have a fault somewhere?

HunterHykes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Michael,

The code for this kit has been updated and is available for download here and can be viewed here. We came across a software issue related to the buzzer that would cause the program to freeze. This issue has been resolved and will be documented on the Learn page soon.

If you're not familiar with how to upload code to the WirelingZero, there are instructions available on our Learn site here.

Hope this helps.

-Hunter

michaelblight

• View Profile
Thanks, that makes sense and I got it working. For any newbie like me following, I downloaded the code in the first link and unzipped. Maybe this is not the best option, because I got compile errors because header files couldn't be found. This was fixed by copying the TinierScreen and FastLED folders from the unzip location to the Arduino library folder (on MacOS it Documents/Arduino/libraries).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk