Can battery recharging be triggered through the Proto Board connections?

kyledavis

• View Profile
If I have a TinyScreen or TinyZero board with a Proto Board attached, can I apply a +5V and GND to the appropriate pins on the Proto Board to trigger the TinyScreen or TinyZero to recharge an attached battery without being connected to USB? It seems like it should work based on my reading of the schematics, but I thought I would ask before I risk frying a board.

If that's not possible, is there some other way to recharge an attached battery without being connected to USB? I ask because I have tiny robots that use these boards, and I ordered some very small 5V/300mA-max inductive charging modules from DFRobot that will be arriving shortly that I want to experiment with using on my robots, and it'd be nice if I didn't need to integrate a separate charging circuit into my existing custom PCB that they use.

These are the modules I'll be experimenting with, if that helps answer the question...
https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1283.html

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this subject anyone might provide.

Kyle
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 01:38:01 PM by kyledavis »

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello Kyle,

You should be able to use a Proto Board TinyShield and apply +5V and GND in order to charge the TinyZero or TinyScreen+. The pins you'll need to solder are well documented in the reel of pictures on the product page: https://tinycircuits.com/collections/proto-boards/products/proto-board-tinyshield?variant=14984618823

Thank you,

Laveréna

kyledavis

• View Profile
Excellent! That is super good news. I'm almost setup to test my integration of these wireless chargers now, so I'm very happy to hear that I can have more confidence that I'm not about to fry something.

Thanks for the response.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 04:46:03 PM by kyledavis »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk