Charging problems [SOLVED]

Tommyph1208

• View Profile
Hey guys
So I got my Tiny Arcade assembled, charged up the battery with a 5V phone charger and played around a bit with the onboard games... all good.
The next day I find the battery depleted, and I now no longer can charge it via the usb port.
The arcade runs fine with the usb charging cable plugged in, but the yellow diode dosn't light on and the machine powers off as soon as the cable is removed.
Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:53:06 AM by Tommyph1208 »

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Is there any way the battery plug could have been pulled out a bit? Can you make sure it's fully seated? Haven't heard of anything quite like this. I understand it's running while plugged in, but have you tried another USB cable just to rule that out?

Thanks,
Ben

Tommyph1208

• View Profile
Hi Ben

I had actually looked at the battery plug and deemed that to not be the problem, but you were right... I pushed it a little further with a pen, and everything is alright again, thanks!

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome! Thanks for trying it after you had already looked at it(and the title change).

Ben

Tmacfarlane

• View Profile
How long does it take the battery to charge?  When I first connected the battery during install the scree  kept scrolling through each of the games but once I finished putting the unit together the screen was blank.  I'm afraid to disassemble in case it breaks in order to verify that the battery connection is still good.

Tmacfarlane

• View Profile
How long does it take the battery to charge?  When I first connected the battery during install the scree  kept scrolling through each of the games but once I finished putting the unit together the screen was blank.  I'm afraid to disassemble in case it breaks in order to verify that the battery connection is still good.

Reassembled and ensured the on off switch was properly set in the side panel button.  Charged overnight for 8 hrs. ..not sure if needed that amount.  Problem fixed.

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad it's working now. Charge time should be 1 to 2 hours- there's a charge indicator LED near the USB port.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk