Return to menu

FZERO · 3 · 4388

FZERO

• View Profile
Just got my Tiny Arcade unpacked today - Real small and real nice  ;)
At first it was skipping through all the games and not accepting any inputs, then wouldn't turn off...
...i had the pre-built model though, and seems to have just become a bit loose during transit I guess.
I opened it, rebuilt with the screen firmly attached to board and the power slide switch seemed to fit itself nicely again.
Now is all good and works as it should :)

But, one thing which seems missing, is the option to return to the main game list menu.

There is no shortcut for that is there? You have to power off/on again, right?

Any chance of this being addressed in a software update in future, or perhaps already on the wishlist?
Something like holding both buttons in for 3 seconds to return to the game list menu, would be a welcome feature for me

Aside from that, so far so good, look forward to trying out the other games on it

chiark

• View Profile
Turn it off and on :) .   A simple quit that would have to be written into the game would be to reset the tinyduino, but I can't see an easy way to have the loader do this - I think IRQs would be trashed when the menu jumps to the reset code of the game it loads, but I'm not sure...

On and off is easy ;-)

FZERO

• View Profile
Thanks, probably right, thinking about it I'm sure this would've been something considered early on, and likely it wasn't an easy thing to implement so stuck with the turn it off/on again method.
It is easy yeah, I was being super lazy, not like it takes time to boot up even or anything
cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk