Smart Watch documentation

hdbgdz · 5 · 3874

hdbgdz

• View Profile
I just bought the smart watch kit, and was looking to maybe add features. Is there some site with more info on what data I can get from the phone and hopefully examples?

Thanks

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There's not much documentation for the phone app. The source is on our github, beyond that you might want to take a look at how others have done it- https://github.com/matejdro/PebbleNotificationCenter-Android is a really comprehensive notification handler written for use with the Pebble watch, but maybe you can make some use of the source. Anything in particular you're looking for?

hdbgdz

• View Profile
I don't get notifications for text messages I was hoping to add a simple counter that would alert me to the number of text message I have received.

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Text message notifications should be passed through- are you getting calls? Android API may have changed- what phone and version of Android do you have? Stock messaging app? Hopefully we have a similar setup here to test on.

Number of text messages is a bit more difficult- you'll probably need to keep track in the app, then send that to the watch.

hdbgdz

• View Profile
I am getting call notifications, I have an HTC One running Android 5.0.2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk