Recent Posts

Thumby / Re: Doom
« Last post by htmlgames on January 29, 2024, 03:50:52 PM »
Possibly the uf2 file download from git is the wrong size 4029 v 4096 not sure if uf2 file format needs to be byte aligned?

Edit: using win11

INFO_UF2.TXT

UF2 Bootloader v3.0
Model: Raspberry Pi RP2
Board-ID: RPI-RP2

Edit2: tried also in Linux bash term - same as win11.

I'm allowing a minute or two for the boot loader to flash, for the stock firmware that's working fine.

final mention that the thumby web ui shows 1.4mb as total memory available, thought we got 2mb ?
« Last post by htmlgames on January 29, 2024, 09:41:34 AM »
This project is amazing fitting this into such a small memory for what doom wads need (I read the breakdown too).
So basically, I remove all files in the folder and replace with your single file and 'reboot' to run ?

Edit: fyi I get the black screen of doom too.

fireplace demo works ok ,will have to try 'old' way
TinyTV & Tiny Video Player / Re: My TinyTV 2 experience thus far:
« Last post by SeanSIMPLETHINGS on January 25, 2024, 07:48:12 AM »
Hey Ben. I tried sending you both an email and a PM. Your spam blocker blocked both and doesn't like URL's. If you have some less restrictive communication form I can share some videos with you.
This unit is taking about 90 to 120 seconds to lock for me, and I had to go outdoors. Testing indoors wasn't locking.
Fun Games
Hope this helps
I feel this waiting time is too long. Can't it be shortened?
General Discussion / Re: TinyTV reading glitched files
« Last post by haggisseize on January 25, 2024, 03:22:21 AM »
I have a tinytv+ that is reading files weirdly. For example, I have a file named UniqueName.tsv that will play fine but the tinytv will glitch reading ._UniqueName.tsv. To my knowledge, there is no ._UniqueName on the SD card. It seems to be reading an invisible corrupted file. Is there a solution to get it to skip or not play/read the "._ " files?
Your error is usually rare. I think maybe the new loose SD card leads to such a situation. With your problem I went to check the device.
General Discussion / Re: TinyScreen ASM2022 Not Working
« Last post by Alistana on January 24, 2024, 10:25:00 PM »
Update: It appears that the issue was related to the software. The resolution involved the following steps:

1. Slide the power switch on the TinyScreen+ to the OFF position.
2. Press and hold the bootloader button (the button closest to the USB connector).
3. While holding the button, slide the switch to the ON position.

If executed correctly, the TinyScreen+ will show "TinyScreen+ Bootloader Mode" on the screen. Please note that you might need to repeat these steps if it doesn't work on the first attempt.

I appreciate Ken Burns for the help!
« Last post by AncientJames on January 24, 2024, 07:22:34 PM »
It should just be a matter of copying the single installer uf2 to the RP2 drive. I've just tried it on a second thumby, and it worked OK.

It might be worth trying the previous release, copying the .whx file separately. Looking at the instructions I gave on the release page from that, I see there's a typo - there's a period at the end of the line that shouldn't be there. (Clutching at straws, but it's worth a shot)

It does seem that the display is a red herring. Doing nothing at all on boot would be a symptom of not finding the data file. (And of many other possible problems)

There's no debug out from the build I made. It might be worth rebuilding it to make beeps at various points, to try to track down where it's stopping.
General Discussion / TinyScreen ASM2022 Not Working
« Last post by Alistana on January 24, 2024, 03:05:22 PM »
I recently ordered several components including the TinyScreen (ASM2022). But whenever I plug it with my computer or even the battery from TinyCircuits, the screen does not seem to turn on. The LED light indicator just flashes once when I plug the screen into my computer and then nothing happens. The LED indicator only stays on when I turn on the screen, attach it to the battery and then connect it to my computer. But the Arduino IDE does not detect it, so my guess is the battery is powering the display, not the computer.  Is the screen damaged?
« Last post by henryg on January 23, 2024, 04:32:11 PM »
After messing with it more, I got greytest to work (I didn't have the folder it was in named 'greytest'). This is making me hope I did something equally stupid getting Doom running. With greytest, I got noticable desync lines at 5500, but was still able to see the image. I still need to figure out the best frequency, but around 6100 seems to be it for me. But this makes me wonder why I am getting no image at all for doom. Is there a place I should start poking to see if I can just get a splash screen or something after flashing uf2 image?

Again, I'm really hoping I am simply missing something, but I am just booting into  BOOTSEL and copying the uf2 file to the drive that pops up. When it is done copying, I unplug and restart the thumby and get no image.

Thank you again!
Thumby / Re: Thumby display may be broken
« Last post by kennaanna on January 23, 2024, 03:56:05 AM »
It seems like your Thumby's display issue might be a bit tricky. You've tried troubleshooting with Discord instructions and updates, but if the display is still not working, it could be damaged or disconnected. If you're up for it, you might explore fixing it, but considering it's been six months and the issue persists, getting a new one could be a quicker solution.
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk