TinyDuino with a few connection pins added in the corners

dc · 4 · 6065

dc

• View Profile
Hey all,

I've been staring long and hard at my Tinyduino desperately wishing I could get just a few connections from it without adding a whole new shield and 5mm of thickness.  Given that most of the devices I can find now are square anyway, would it be possible to use the corners of the board to rout solder connections for a few pins?  It looks like there is probably space for 2 through holes in each corner just space wise (obviously routing will be harder than space), or even just use the actual screw holes for those of us not using screws.  But wouldn't it be great if we could just have a couple of analog and digital lines?  And maybe just use a solder jumper to select what is connected?  That would help the TinyDuinos to span the gap between themselves and the TinyLilly.  Having an object that can have a clip on shield but also a couple of optional pins in a pinch would be super super useful...

Thanks!

calvinthedestroyer

• View Profile
    • Dungeon Studios Prototyping
- The original design was to have the boards be round.
- We try to keep traces away from the edge of the boards.
-We want to keep the boards as two layer boards, to help keep them open source.

We have talked about making a connection board (like a back plain) where you could put the shields side by side. That would let you add jumpers to swap around I/O lines

dc

• View Profile

calvinthedestroyer

• View Profile
    • Dungeon Studios Prototyping
If you look at some of the boards you can see that the traces and components are in a round area, so if you wanted to you can cut them to be round.

Of course, shields like the Bluetooth and wireless are to big to be round.

we also have a ribbon cable coming out that lets you have two stacks in two different spots

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk