#include "src/IRremote/IRremote.h"

jgavlik

• View Profile
Since the TinyCircuits TinyTV Video Player (Arduino code) has the #include "src/IRremote/IRremote.h" ...where can one find the lib?

Thanks,

john

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
John,

When you download the zipped folder of the TinyTV code, there should be a src/ folder that leads to the IRremote library. You can see how the file/folder structure should look from GitHub: https://github.com/TinyCircuits/TinyCircuits-TinyTV-ASK4002/tree/master/examples/TinyTV/src

Cheers,
Réna

jgavlik

• View Profile
Thanks Réna...but help me out here...how does one go about putting the contents of the folder into the Arduino lib??

-john

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
John,

If you want to use the library directly instead of using the src folder pathing, you can place the IRremote folder in your /Documents/Arduino/libraries/ folder. Then you would call it from the code like
Code: [Select]
#include <IRremote.h>
Cheers,
Réna

jgavlik

• View Profile
That works (thanks!)....but now I'm getting a  tcConfigure(30720) was not declared in this scope (see below)....and after commenting that line below out, it pops up another "readCodes() not declared in this scope" message on another instruction....I'm attempting to simply compile TinyTV....what am I missing.  -john

void setup(void) {
  analogWrite(A0, analogRead(A0));//Set audio output to avoid picking up noise, even if audio isn't used
//  tcConfigure(30720);
  display.begin();
  display.setBitDepth(1);
  display.setFlip(true);
  display.setFont(thinPixel7_10ptFontInfo);
  display.initDMA();
  irrecv.enableIRIn(); // Start the receiver
  pinMode(RECV_PIN, INPUT_PULLUP);
  SPI.begin();
  delay(50);
  if (!sd.begin(10, SPI_FULL_SPEED)) {
    cardNotFound();
  }
  SPI.setClockDivider(0);
  if (display.getButtons(TSButtonUpperRight)) {
    delay(10);
    if (display.getButtons(TSButtonUpperRight)) {
      settingsMainMenu();
    }
  }
  readCodes();
  readSettings();
  if (!fullVolume) {
    volume = 3;
  }

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The tcConfigure() is an audio function that is necessary to having audio with the TV - the audio.ino file has the definition of this function and should be in the zipped folder of the TinyTV program.

You need to unzip the entire folder without moving where the main files are - you should see all the file tabs are at the top of the IDE. The program will not work or compile if you only open the TinyTV.ino file. If you have the correct hardware, selections, and the unmodified code as can be downloaded from the tutorial, then you should be able to compile. I recommend starting with the code as is from the download.

Attached is how a picture of the unzipped folder should look. From there you can double click any of the .ino files to open them all in the Arduino IDE - this is what you should replicate.

Cheers,
Réna

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 11:22:30 AM by lennevia »

jgavlik

• View Profile
Thanks!....but what is this https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Kits/Tiny-Video-Player-Kit_Tutorial/

It came with all the tabs at the top and I got it to compile instantly and see videos...which is which??

-john

jgavlik

• View Profile
OK...I think I see the difference...there are actually two (2) Tiny TV video player Arduino S/W files on the website....they are...

//  TinyCircuits TinyTV Video Player - that uses the IR controller and probably is the one that goes into the 3D printed TV
and
//  TinyCircuits Tiny Arcade Video Player - that doesn't - and is sort of a stand-alone board set that can work with the Arcade

I guess I compiled the latter (//  TinyCircuits Tiny Arcade Video Player) that is somewhat different from the former

-john

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk