Can't open TSV Converter on a Mac

BlueMax

• View Profile
I cannot get the TSV Converter software to open on a Mac. I have followed the instructions posted here: https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Kits/TSV-Converter-Tutorial/ yet the program is unwilling to open. I right click to open the file, the icon bounces twice, then nothing.

I have tried it on Macs running a late version of Big Sur, Monterey 12.3.1, Monterey 12.4, Yosemite 10.10.5, and even a real old timer running 10.6.8. On most I get no warnings, no threats that this was downloaded from a strange web site, just nothing. On a Mac running Monterey, I get a warning about the developer and no option to open, then on second attempt I get an option to bypass the warnings and open it anyways - but then nothing happens.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Are you able to download the software from the tutorial on each version? Do you download it from Google Chrome or a different web browser?

I want to verify that the consistent problem is the app not opening after it has been downloaded. We have tested the converter with a few versions of Big Sur and some earlier versions of the MacOS, so it might be best to focus on getting the app to work with one of the versions of Yosemite. Can you try a fresh download from Google Chrome and take some screenshots of the steps you are taking to open the app?

If all else fails with the MacOS versions, we do have a Windows version of the TSV Converter available in that same tutorial.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
RĂ©na

BlueMax

• View Profile
Per your instructions, I redownloaded the player via Google Chrome (had been using firefox previously.) Selected "Open When Done" and it uncompressed the file. Right clicked the program and selected "Open." Got the warning, selected "Open." Icon bounced twice, then disappeared. Nothing happened. Tried double clicking the application to open it, nothing happened. Screenshots attached.

I do not own a windows machine. How can I get this to work on a Mac?

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There might be something going on with the permissions. I recommend running the "Repair Disk Permissions" utility  for the Disk Utility. Instructions at the end of this page: https://www.lifewire.com/using-disk-utility-repair-hard-drives-2260079

Otherwise, you may want to try turning the machine off and back on or a few of the other debugging steps mentioned here: https://www.lifewire.com/can-i-fix-application-thats-not-starting-2260192#:~:text=In%20OS%20X%20Yosemite%20and,correct%20permissions%20required%20to%20run.

BlueMax

• View Profile
No luck on any of these. It is a mystery.

Was able to use a friend's computer, converter worked fine there. Thanks for your help.

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk