Updated Tiny Inclinometer Help

tiny-beginner

• View Profile
Hey All, I'm a beginner here with some very distant EE knowledge, but current basic coding skills.

I would like to make the incinometer, but have some questions:

1) Would it be easier to use the TinyZero Processor with Accelerometer instead of the TinyDuino, USB TinyShield and Accelerometer TinyShield?  It seems like the TinyZero will do all three, but I don't know if there are some gotchas with any pin differences.
2) If I can usse the TinyZero, how does that affect the ode posted?  There would. be no BMA250 so I 'm assuming I'd have to write the same code to the onboard chip.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi there!

1. Yes, it definitely makes more cost-effective sense as well as saves space to use the TinyZero with accel rather than the TinyDuino and USB Board.

2. I tested out the program and it looks like it's compatible as long as the BMA250 (accel) library is updated.
It looks like the current software on the site isn't working when downloaded form CodeBender, so I'll update that. In the meantime, I attached the updated program that works with TinyZero.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
RĂ©na

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just to let ya know, I updated the tutorial with the working code and added the TinyZero with accel to the possible hardware options! Thanks for asking about this!

https://tinycircuits.com/blogs/learn/117328583-tiny-inclinometer

tiny-beginner

• View Profile
That's great!  Thank you so much for doing this.  I really appreciate it.  I'll let you know how it goes.  ;-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk