Audio but No Video

LyleSvendsen

• View Profile
Just got the Tiny TV and assembled it with no issues. Although when I turn it on, I can hear the video audio playing and can switch videos with the remote, there is no video displaying. I also don't see a backlight if that is supposed to be visible.

I disassembled the case and put the electronics back together without it, but got the same result.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I did not find the answer when I looked for a related post.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 02:38:30 PM by LyleSvendsen »

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi there!

If no display is showing, it's possible that the screen could have been damaged during shipment or assembly. Or it could be that the converted videos are somehow corrupt. To check that the screen is working - can you try putting the TinyScreen+ board into bootloader mode? When correctly done, the screen will display "TinyScreen+ Bootloader Mode" on the screen.

For bootloader mode, turn off the TV device (switch should be down), and then hold in the top-left button closest to the micro USB port while turning the unit back on. The most important part is keeping the button held in. Make sure the battery is charged and try this a few times to see if you can get anything to appear on the screen.

I also attached some pictures of the bootloader mode steps.

Let me know if that works for you!

Best,
Réna

LyleSvendsen

• View Profile
Ran the bootloader process 6+ times with no positive result. My assembly was very careful, this is not my first electronics project.  :)

Is there a way to get the screen part replaced?

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for trying that out. It doesn't look like your forum email is in our system, so you can fill out a contact form here: https://tinycircuits.com/pages/contact-us

Include your order number and ask to be directed to me (Réna) and I will sort things out for ya. Thanks!

LyleSvendsen

• View Profile
Contact form sent! Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 02:43:53 PM by LyleSvendsen »

LyleSvendsen

• View Profile
Got the replacement, worked right off the bat. Warming myself by the TinyTv fire video as I type this. Thanks!

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great to hear that everything's working just in time for the cold season & holidays!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk