Thumby Smash Version 5

Void777

• View Profile
Thumby smash is a 2d fighting game for the Thumby Console. This a very large update, here is a summary of what it does:
  • Configuration Menu with options for:
    • Wall Interaction. Choose between Block Movement, Warp, and Damage when out of bounds
    • Game Speed
    • AI Stupidity
    • Disable/Enable AI Button Pressed, Perfect for training modes and other testing purposes
  • Added A Countdown Screen for the start of a battle

Bugfixes:
  • Zap is Now Transparent
  • Fixed Knockback Decreasing with damage rather than increasing
[li]
[/li][/list]

Known Bugs:
  • Goggles is supposed to have a new ranged attack, the projectile does not move properly.
  • Since the Thumby does not yet have a way to resize text, some config menu option titles go off the screen
  • Since the Thumby emulator cannot save other files,  but a physical thumby can, I am unable to make the config menu options save to the device on power off until i get a physical thumby to test it on.
    There is a workaround for this though. [Edit lines 550-560 and line 697 to the desired values to make them permanent
    • Some Collisions arent perfect, i plan to fix this in the next update

Intersted: Watch this Video:
    https://youtu.be/dDFouRt-56k
    Download Code is Attached

TARMA

• View Profile
Hello! I'm happy to see a new version of Thumby Smash! I really dig a variety of new options available! I have a couple more bugs to report though:
* When scrolling main menu or options menu, I've noticed that cursor is able to go offscreen (up or down) and scroll to infinity.
* When You win\lose a fight there is no way to get back to the menu other than restart the system (emulator). I suggest adding "rematch" and "back to menu" options or just bring up character selection screen right after "you won\you lose" screen.
* "Damage when out of bounds" mode seems to work wrong for me. Character doesn't take any damage offscreen apart from enemy attacks. Also, I feel like "out of bounds" area should be limited (currently it is unlimited)

Void777

• View Profile
Hello! I'm happy to see a new version of Thumby Smash! I really dig a variety of new options available! I have a couple more bugs to report though:
* When scrolling main menu or options menu, I've noticed that cursor is able to go offscreen (up or down) and scroll to infinity.
* When You win\lose a fight there is no way to get back to the menu other than restart the system (emulator). I suggest adding "rematch" and "back to menu" options or just bring up character selection screen right after "you won\you lose" screen.
* "Damage when out of bounds" mode seems to work wrong for me. Character doesn't take any damage offscreen apart from enemy attacks. Also, I feel like "out of bounds" area should be limited (currently it is unlimited)

thanks for your help. i can fix most of these easily, but im unsure why the damage effect isnt working but plan on looking into it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk