open source TSV converter?

squid · 4 · 4603

squid

• View Profile
Is there an open source version of the TSV converter I could use on Linux?

Looking at playVideo():
https://github.com/TinyCircuits/TinyCircuits-TinyTV-ASK4002/blob/master/examples/TinyTV/videoPlayer.ino#L186

The video format appears to be raw video frame followed by raw audio. The video is two bytes per pixel, so what, 5 bits each rgb and one ignored, or what? The audio is 2048 bytes of 8 bit per sample raw mono audio?

It also looks like there is an audio-free version of TSV, as in this blog post: https://tinycircuits.com/blogs/learn/120988679-putting-images-on-your-tinyscreen

But I don't see any header checks to determine what kind of TSV file it is. Just be careful, I guess?

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello,

There is a source python file for the TSV Converter. It is attached. It was not previously posted on GitHub since the Windows and Mac apps are all that most people need, but I will make sure it gets added. All of our software is open-source of course, we just missed getting this posted somewhere. 

You should be able to run the python file (dependent on python 2), but do not use the system theme, and you will need to have a copy of FFmpeg to get it working properly. The TSVConverter is mostly a UI wrapper for FFmpeg.

A .tsv file can be an mp4, gif, or converted image

Hope that helps!

RĂ©na

squid

• View Profile
I tried to post a reply, with just a summary of the audio visual conversion from that, which is more useful to me than the converter in entirety, but I got:

CleanTalk: *** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam.

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The error could come up for many reasons. You can try to post your reply in an incognito browser, or perhaps there was a symbol or other banned behavior that was included in the discussion post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk