TSV Video conversion issues

Doppelganger

• View Profile
I have a question regarding converting video files to tsv to play on my tiny screen.
1. Are there many video requirements for a file to be converted such as bit rate, type file, file size or video length?
2. What type of file will the TSV Converter actually convert? mp4, mov, avi etc.
As you can see by my attachment after conversion by the TSC converter when the file plays on tiny it's like it's multiplied several times over, it's jittery and looks terrible. I have attempted to create a file in .mov, mpg, avi , mp4 formats and nothing seems to work and I always get the same result.
This is frustrating, to say the least. I would appreciate any advice, assistance you can give.

Thanks

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello,

1. Any file size or video length should work, the larger and longer the video, the longer the conversion will take. The longest we have tested is a 2.5 hour movie.
2. Those formats should work. mp4 is the most commonly used format
There could be some corruption from the main video. I would recommend trying different videos to see if you can rule out that it's a specific video causing problems.

Let me know if you see the same behavior on multiple videos.

Best,
RĂ©na

jgavlik

• View Profile
Doppelganger,

I'm also looking forward to your experiences with this device, as some non-technical types have asked me how to upload videos to this unit.

-john

Doppelganger

• View Profile
I figured out the issue - It was all based on the source application I was using to create the video. Thanks for the reply and the help.

Doppelganger

• View Profile
So what I am doing is building the Jupiter 2 18"  Model from Lost in Space. And if you are not familiar with the model, on the main bridge there is a communication panel that has a large video screen that displays whatever they chose to put on the screen, like a missile tracking the saucer or an alien ship approaching, etc. I am modifying that screen and installing a TinyScrteen and when a button is pushed, the alarm lights go off on the bridge, the wall beams will pulsate with light and the screen activates to display video of, well whatever I display.

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sounds like a cool project!

We would love to see it when you are ready to show it off!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk