TinyZero/Addition of PH connector for INT1

greg.brougham

• View Profile
Hi, I've found the size of the connection point for INT1 on the TinyZero with the accelerometer very difficult to access and have had the solder break. It would be great to see INT1 accessible via a PH connector on the board which would make it easier to prototype using the proto terminal block version.

And a related idea would be to send the prototype of the new product to the person who suggested it.

Regards

Greg

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Greg,

We likely won't pursue a different version of the TinyZero unfortunately since it's difficult to stock and manufacture different versions of any product for a company of any size.

I recommend using thinner wire for the solder point and limiting the contact of other items or surfaces with the soldered wire. We haven't bought this wire exactly, but we have something similar and it's regularly what we would use for something like your project: https://www.amazon.com/Solder-Flexible-0-25mm-Copper-Wrapping/dp/B008AGUCWW/ref=asc_df_B008AGUCWW/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167153365865&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6121982080359427693&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1023522&hvtargid=pla-310428807515&psc=1

I hope that helps.

Best,
RĂ©na

greg.brougham

• View Profile
Rena, understand the challenge but would it be possible to increase the size of the solder pad to make attaching the wire easier?

Regards

Greg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk