TinyZero Problems

jgavlik

• View Profile
I purchased two (2) TinyZero Processors and neither of them work correctly. I've tried them both per below.

Most times the Bootloader won't allow me to upload the code even after following the directions on the NOTES for the TinyZero.

But once in a while the code gets uploaded.

However, even when the code loads, the COM port won't be active after the loading sequence (see attached).

I did have another TinyZero (3rd one) that did work at one point, but the fragile bootloader button broke (tore off)

To confirm things....I've reloaded the Arduino IDE, changed USB ports, changed USB cables but still no luck.

Am I missing an #include <TinyZero.h> if there is such thing??

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

WillemH

• View Profile
Hello John,

after several successful uploads to a TinyDuino I experienced big problems with upload to a TinyZero.

Looking for a solution to a completely different problem, i.e. reading out a modern digital recorder, I found that the USB channels of the computer platform I worked with are relatively slow.

After using another computer platform with faster (more modern) USB channels I have got no problems anymore with upload to TinyZero.

Did you check if the USB channel you use for upload is fast enough?

Willem

jgavlik

• View Profile
Willem,

Thanks for the USB related suggestion, but I've been "successfully" programming TinyScreen+ units on a Win 10 machine (circa 2019) for sometime now. 

Even though - schematically - the TinyZero is the same as the TinyScreen+ in terms of the processor, something else is going on and I don't think it's USB related.

I think the problem is on my end, but I can't be sure.

Again, any help is appreciated.

John

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey John,

You are correct that the TinyScreen+ and TinyZero are pretty much the same schematically - so there shouldn't be a huge difference in being able to program them.

Do you see this same issue on every TinyZero? You said you had one that worked fine before?

You could try updating the Arduino IDE if it's not the most recent version to see if that makes any difference.

A small suggestion I am sure you are aware of, is to make sure you have "TinyZero" selected in the Tools menu when you are programming.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you find anything out!

Thanks,

Laveréna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk