TinyCircuits

Using multiple 9AXIS IMU TinyShield

Using multiple 9AXIS IMU TinyShield
« on: August 22, 2019, 02:36:05 PM »
Hello,

I am pretty new into the arduino and circuits world, and after doing some research I ended up here, strongly believing that tinycircuits might be the way for me.

I want to get data from multiple IMU's fixed at some body parts, I want these data timestamped/synced and collected on the go (like being feeded to a smartphone)...

My question is, am I able to stack multiple (3 or more) 9AXIS IMU shields together with a single TinyZero unit?

First idea was 1 TinyZero + 9AXIS + ExtenderCable + 9AXIS  + ExtenderCable + 9AXIS...
The data would be streamed via cable from the TinyZero to the Smartphone, and the energy source would be this too.

The second idea is a bit more expensive, a group of [1 TinyZero (lithium battery) + BLE + 9AXIS] per body part, so, 3 or more of each, then I would get all them via android app and figure out how to connect to multiple devices and sync the data from the multiple devices.

So before I spending quite a good amount in these circuits, is it possible? Is there a better way to achieve this?
If so, Is there any public projects near this that I can dig in?

Thank you very much.

Re: Using multiple 9AXIS IMU TinyShield
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 03:46:42 PM »
Hello Tacca,

We are actually about to come out with a Kickstarter that would allow you to use multiple 9-Axis sensors in a smaller and cheaper format that takes care of any addressing conflicts you would run into by stacking multiple 9-Axis TinyShields. They also have different sized cables that work well with having sensors on different parts of the body.

I would recommend signing up for the TinyCircuits newsletter so that you can see when our new line of boards come out. The format of the line of Whisker sensors would work perfectly for this application!

Best regards,
Laveréna Wienclaw

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »
Hello Tacca,

We are actually about to come out with a Kickstarter that would allow you to use multiple 9-Axis sensors in a smaller and cheaper format that takes care of any addressing conflicts you would run into by stacking multiple 9-Axis TinyShields. They also have different sized cables that work well with having sensors on different parts of the body.

I would recommend signing up for the TinyCircuits newsletter so that you can see when our new line of boards come out. The format of the line of Whisker sensors would work perfectly for this application!

Best regards,
Laveréna Wienclaw

Hello Laveréna,

I will subscribe and I am looking forward to see this new project.
And depending on the mobility and depth that this Whisker sensor can provide, it would definitely help my master's project thesis.
Unfortunately, since it's not even on Kickstarter yet, I think it won't arrive in time for me to use it in my research, but who knows right.

Thank you.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 11:59:22 AM »
Tacca,

The Kickstarter will start in September and we project to ship in November if that helps! If you email info@tinycircuits.com we may be able to work something out to rush a few!

Thank you,

Laveréna