Another Beginner Question

flatztastisch

• View Profile
hi,

first of all, big thx for all your work, great!!  8) 8) 8) 8)

1. Do you flash the ATSAMD21G18A with your "Arduino software" before delivery or can i do this by my own?
Do you provide the software for flashing?

2. Which Oscillator do you use at TinyZero? I only could read 12?! on the schematic's

BIG THX from Austria, and all the best
Bernhard

PS: I want to build a cat gps to spy my cat :P

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello Bernhard,

1. We flash all of our SAMD21 products for use with the Arduino platform. You could do this yourself if you have all the necessary hardware, as well as an ability to solder a fixture using a protoboard. We do not currently have the software publicly available anywhere, but we are an open-source company and I would be happy to share whatever it is that you are interested in :)

2. As for the crystal, it may be difficult to spot on the schematic since the area with the part is a little cluttered, but there is a 32.768 number indicating that the oscillator is 32.768kHZ.

Hope that helps you in building a GPS system to spy on your cat   ;)

Let me know if you have any other questions, or need any clarification.

Thank you,

Réna

flatztastisch

• View Profile
HI Rena,

wow, thx a lot for the fast quality answer!  :) Great!!

i read on the www that many people use therefore an Arduino uno, for flashing, do you build something different? I know you are open-source company but i want to give y something back, so is it possible for you to sell your flasher (hardware software)?

Additionally if this is ok for you, please let me know what I have to implement on my pcb for connecting to your "flasher"

for my project, i will use TinyZero, TinyShield_GPS and ASD2201 microSD card schematic and also EPROM

HUGS from Austria,
Bernhard

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello Bernhard,

For the bootloader flasher, we use a standard Atmel ICE programmer (the ATATMEL-ICE https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/microchip-technology/ATATMEL-ICE/ATATMEL-ICE-ND/4753379), but really any Atmel JTAG / ICSP programmer would work.

You'll need all of the JTAG connections from the programmer to be connected to the same pins on the TinyZero, so you would need a proto board with SPI connections, or we could look for the parts and assemble an ICSP TinyShield here for you to use.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Laveréna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk