How can I attach my own battery to the TinyDuino

nixon1 · 6 · 9457

nixon1

• View Profile
Hi,

I have the Tiny Duino with the ProtoShield 1.  I would like to use a lithium polymer battery to power my Tinyduino.  Which pins do I connect my battery to?

Thanks!
 - Chris

cseng214

• View Profile
I might use a voltage regulator to be sure the microcontroller gets a regulated 5V.

calvinthedestroyer

• View Profile
    • Dungeon Studios Prototyping
There are two contacts (through hole) right next to the 40 pin connector, one is labeled GND for ground and the other has a + for positive.

you can connect your battery to those connections.

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
There are a few ways you can connect the battery - there are two contacts on every TinyDuino processor board next to the main connector that are labelled GND and +, and battery power can be applied here.  You can also apply battery power on the Proto1 board on the VBATT and GND pins.

VBATT (The battery voltage) can be between 2.7V and 5.0V.  If the battery voltage can be higher than 5.0V, you will need to use a voltage regulator as cseng14 recommends.  However single cell Li-ion batteries will be fine, since their nominal voltage is 3.7 volts and under a charge condition will get up to 4.3V max.

Thanks,

Ken
TinyCircuits

aowing

• View Profile
I tried to supply 5V to the labeled pins on the processor board, however it does not function.  When I connect to USB power (via the sheild) it works find, but then when running on only battery there is no operation- Any advice is greatly appreciated!

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
Hi Aowing,

It could be that your board is damaged somehow, there is power switching circuitry on the TinyDuino board that sounds like it isn't working, contact us at info@tiny-circuits.com and we can get you a replacement.

Thanks,

Ken Burns
TinyCircuits

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk