Whatever happened to those new products?

scalefree

• View Profile
Late last year I read an announcement (probably in the blog) that you had plans to introduce a whole new batch of shields & other products to be released "shortly after the new year".  Now I can't even find that notice let alone all the new things.  What happened?  Delayed?  Canceled?  Any hints on what they are/were?

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
Sorry about that!  These are definitely not cancelled, just delayed a short bit.  We got swamped around Nov - Dec so we decided to push this off a little bit.  But we are very close to releasing these very soon, likely via a Kickstarter early next month. 

There will be a new processor board released (basically the TinyScreen+ without the screen), which will have a 32-bit SAMD ARM processor (essentially the Arduino Zero, but smaller), along with a whole new line of tiny boards (30+), which connect to the system via small 5-pin cables, allowing for a lot more flexibility with making miniature projects.  These will be lower cost, and also work with other boards, like a standard Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and most other standard microcontroller systems. 

Looking forward to getting these out soon, so keep watching.  We should be promoting this more over the next month as we lead up to the release.

Thanks,

Ken
TinyCircuits

thesko

• View Profile
So.. any update on that by now? I could make good use of flatter versions of the stack compared to the current setup I have with the TinyScreen+.
The only mentioned new productions I could find are the Blog post from April:
https://tinycircuits.com/blogs/news/new-products
I guess the image at the end of the post is supposed to be a teaser?

Will the new product line also include an update to the TinyScreen+ to support the new connector?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk