Programming the tinylily directly via avrdude

jusp

• View Profile
Hi, I have been programming my atmega328 processors using an adafruit tinyusb board for a while, and am about to try a tinylily using its mini USB board.
What programmer type should I pass to avrdude? I optimistically tried tinyusb, but got the following error:

sudo avrdude -c usbtiny                         -p m328p -b 115200 -U flash:w:a.hex:a
avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)

lennevia

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello,

This is the command that gets run by the Arduino IDE:
avrdude -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM1 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:a.hex:i

You can test this by following this tutorial https://learn.tinycircuits.com/TinyLily/Processor_TinyLily_Tutorial/ and then going to File->Preferences in the Arduino IDE and checking the boxes for “Show verbose output during: compilation upload” in the window that pops up.

Hope that does the trick! Thanks!

jusp

• View Profile
Yes, that gets me further. I am running on ubuntu, so COM1 does not exist, so tried the following instead:

sudo avrdude -v -patmega328p -carduino   -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:a.hex:i

This gets into the error "avrdude: ser_open(): can't set attributes for device "/dev/ttyS1": Inappropriate ioctl for device", which seems to mean that I am connecting to the wrong device (/dev/ttyS0). At ;east, I get the same error when explicitly trying to connect to other /dev/ttySnn using option -P.

lsusb lists the miniusb board as follows:

Bus 001 Device 018: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)

How can I find out the proper -D option?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk