Game in the works: MicroVektoRoids

zet23t · 4 · 5608

zet23t

• View Profile
Just wanting to raise your attention: I am working on a new game (for some time now) and I have also started a Patreon page where you can follow the progress and contribute a bit to the development of the game: http://patreon.com/zet23t

Here are a few in development screenshots:

As soon as it's ready I am providing the binaries for the SD card loading on that page too - though the game is open source and you can also have a look into the (somewhat ugly) source code: https://github.com/zet23t/MicroVectoroids

If you don't know patreon: It's a site where people can fund people or teams. In my case I am also looking for feedback :).

Fatmeatball

• View Profile
Is the world in the game procedurally generated or predefined?
Also, how can I compile the source code of the game? I'm really interested in trying this out.

zet23t

• View Profile
I intend predefining it. But since I create those levels through code, it can be tweaked to have more complex rules. The limiting factor is the texture sprite since I can't make it larger than it is and it's pretty stuffed already. So I can't add new spaceships right now unless I do some effort to save texture space (e.g. mirroring springs to reduce the number of sprites per space ship, reducing color depth, etc).

Compiling shouldn't be too difficult. I use a bunch of Lua scripts to do some pre build steps, but this is only needed when images are updated. The td2play framework (included as a submodule) I maintain contains the additional code needed that needs to be copied into the MicroVektoRoids folder. Once it's all there, the .ino file can be opened and compiled for the device.
The project also contains a simulator where I simulate the game on a PC - I simply mimic the API calls required to display the tiny screen content. But compiling this would require you to have a similar setup as I have here (windows + codeblocks + Lua (+libs)).

TonyA.

• View Profile

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk