tsv on tinyscreen using 'TS audiovideosimple'

editortom

• View Profile
In another topic I described the roadblock I hit attempting to use the sketch 'Tinyscreen Video Player' (a Tinycircuits sketch dated 2015).

I've had a bit more success using a new sketch, called Tinyscreen AudioVideoSimple (a Tinycircuits sketch dated June 2017).  This time, I get an image, but it has some issues.  It is 'multiplexed' (?) (ie, appears multiplied 3 or 4 times on the screen and is not playing at the expected framerate, and possibly not in the expected color space.   

The multiplexing is the biggest problem for me.  If I could get it to display the full frame, I could possibly solve the color issues and maybe the frame rate by preparing the video differently before using the TSV converter.

Can anyone advise me how to refine the playback?

---------------
Dec 19th:

I made some progress with this by tweaking values in display.bitDepth and writebufferDMA.  I got the image to stabilize and display the correct colors, but there was still some flickering and I'm not sure whether it was playing multiple frames or just stuck on one.   

If anyone can clue me in to what these values are really doing, and which ones I should focus on, that would be a big help.

Unfortunately, I've had so many problems with the Mac's USB serial port issue that I'm not really moving forward anymore.   Will probably try running the IDE on my raspberry Pi instead... see if that works any better.

PS: I think I have probably posted this in the wrong category.  If anyone knows how to move this message to the right place, feel free.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:39:43 PM by editortom »

editortom

• View Profile
I have a stable image on the screen now.  But it's not moving.  Just playing a single frame.   

If anybody could help me get the last few feet on this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk