Viobyte (Pac-Man Clone)

dulsi · 9 · 14039

dulsi

• View Profile

Since Asteroids and Space Invaders are already available, I decided to make a Pac-Man clone. It's not quite complete yet. You can eat dots and ghosts can kill you. No power pellets. The tunnel to the other side of the screen doesn't work. Score and lives are not displayed.

Thanks to zet23t for his simulator and jonwingrove for his sprite library.

Viobyte's Description: You are a computer virus trying to steal as much data as possible. The system is defended by the Generic Host Offensive Software Terminators (GHOST).

Code: https://github.com/dulsi/viobyte

Simulator used for development: https://github.com/dulsi/tinyscreensim
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:12:21 PM by dulsi »

dulsi

• View Profile
I forgot to post that I wrote an article describing some of my development of viobyte.

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
Awesome game!  Thanks for making this, look forward to the final version!

dulsi

• View Profile
I assembled the TinyArcade and did a quick port of the Viobyte. Code is not available yet. Speaker makes a noise while it is running. Not sure why. The game works but the TinyArcade doesn't register the diagonal direction very well (or maybe my code is wrong). Without that the game is really hard. I think it may also be running faster than on the tinyscreen video game kit but that can be tweaked easily.

jkahle1

• View Profile

dulsi

• View Profile
Any chance of a downloadable version?
The post above has a downloadable version as an attachment. It was my quick and dirty first port. The newest one is attached to this post. I also posted another article explaining the porting process.

jkahle1

• View Profile
NICE!  I like how you made the power pellets into firewalls, so instead of eating the GHOSTs you're merely protected from them.

TinyCircuits

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TinyCircuits Homepage
Very cool to see on the Tiny Arcade!  Nice job with the port! 

Ken

dulsi

• View Profile
Someone emailed me asking for the binary so I figured I'd post the latest here. It adds another level map. The map was created with tiled. There is a convert in the source repository to allow you to convert maps into header files that can be added to viobyte.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk