Project Feasibility

Lorenzo

• View Profile
I've never used Arduino, and I'm planning a project using it. Since I don't know what I'm doing, I'd like someone to confirm that the idea is feasible before I buy parts.
The goal is to measure impact forces in a fencing sword in real time. I'm planning a tinyduino, Bluetooth tinyshield, accelerometer tinyshield, and a load cell connected through a protoboard tinyshield.
I'm assuming that I can send the data from the accelerometer and the load cell through Bluetooth to a computer, and do all the data processing and storage in the computer.
Will that work? Is there a big problem with the idea?

percramer

• View Profile
Well the part about sending etc will be possible, that is pretty easy. I don't know if bluetooth is the easiest option for this, but that all depends on your programming skills. Because there needs to be some software on the pc (or mac) that processes the data. Do you need it realtime? Else you could log to an sd card for example. That is easier and you can just import it into excel by putting the sd card into your pc.

I have worked with load cells before, but that was for lifting purposes with chain hoists. I am trying to decide if it will work fencing swords  :o

Regards,

Per

Lorenzo

• View Profile
As a mechanical engineer, I'm convinced I can get the information I want from the load cell and accelerometer. As a machine designer and not a researcher, I realize it might not work as well as I hope.

I thought about using an SD card (and still might), but it would be cool to have it in real time.

I'm just happy to have confirmation that it should work, so thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk