TinyScreen+ Smartwatch

rkinnear

• View Profile
Is there a smartwatch sketch similar to this one https://codebender.cc/sketch:115936 but for the TS+?

Satcamel

• View Profile
Think there is nothing arround. You had to code it yourself.
The problem ist that the ts+ had no eprom and you had to use the flash storage.

rkinnear

• View Profile
Thanks! I just thought I'd check first before I tried to code it myself :)

lfreed

• Administrator
  • An intern working with TinyCircuits.
    • View Profile
You can use the example sketches for the OWatch as a starting point for your watch interface:
https://theowatch.com/learn/o-watch-programming/

While it does not include the BLE connectivity, it can hopefully give you an idea of what differences there are between the TS and TS+!

Hoolean

• View Profile
I'm hoping to work on a similar project. What are people's experiences with battery life and is there any fancy-duino stuff that can be done to save precious battery life? Cheers :)

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wish I had responded sooner, glad there is interest- we are working on updating the smartwatch to TS+, but got sidetracked with some BLE issues among other things- you may have noticed we had to consolidate our BT products into a single new shield, which I will spare you the long story of :)

In response to Hoolean, there are some pretty decent battery saving possibilities with the TS+ platform- With the built in RTC and Nordic board in an active connection, sleep mode can last over a month on the 270mAh battery, possibly longer with the new ST based board, but I have not done enough testing. I will try to clean up the code and post something for you guys to play with today or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:25:28 PM by Ben Rose »

Ben Rose

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Forgot to add the updated code. This is a version for the NRF8001 with sleep mode working when the screen is off, and a few odd interrupt handler workarounds. Keep in mind that right now, USB connectivity will probably not work reliably. This is something that either may have a fix in the Arduino core now, or may just need to be worked around properly(ie, test for a USB connection before going to sleep).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk